Wednesday 15 June 2011

Stampscapes - Father's Day / Birthday

Hi Everyone!
My DH? is upstairs watching the Stanley Cup so I'm downstairs posting a card I put together last night.  I think this one turned out pretty neat even if it's rather mundane in that I am once again using my three favourite stamps (this month)!
I started off with white glossy cardstock and used the brayer with my Antique Linen Distress Ink pad.  Because some inks fade quickly I brayered over the paper many times with a vast amount of ink just to see what happens.  I was pleased to see that because I brayered so many layers.. the colour didn't fade much at all.  My expert photography skills don't show the colour off well but it looks good!
The next step was to place the stamps one by one.  Each one was stamped in Archival Jet Black and immediately embossed with ultra fine clear embossing powder.  Here is an angled view that shows off the embossing along with the Diamond Stickles I added for highlight!
Now that the photo is uploaded I see that the Stickles aren't showing up well at all!  I added it along the waterline of the rocks and into some of the reflections.
The next step was to chop everything up and glue it onto the black paper.  That was in turn mounted onto the kraft cardstock.  Now here's a wee, little secret!  The kraft cardstock was actually purchased at WalMart and I found it by accident while looking for office supplies.  The package contains 50 cards and 50 envelopes for just over $7.00!  Normally the ready made cards they carry are of a very lightweight cardstock... quite flimsy actually.  The kraft ones work great!
Here's the recipe!
Stamps:
Stampscapes -
023A    Duck Trio
267E     Pines and Rocks
046E     Lakeside Cove
Sentiment -
Innie & Outie by My Sentiments Exactly!
Paper -   WalMart, Recollections
Ink -  Archival Jet Black
Diamond Stickles
Ultra fine embossing powder
Brads
There you have it in a nutshell... Thanks for looking!
Hugs,
Sheree

13 comments:

Star said...

This is so fabulous. I am totally in awe of your scenic cards.

NancyD said...

Well, too bad the Canucks lost!!!!

The card is wonderful though. Once again you wow us with your Stampscapes talent.

Nancy

Priyanka said...

You are just minnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd blowing.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Very lovely use of these gorgeous stamps there! Shaz In oz.x

NancyD said...

Hey Sheree, check out this Stampscapes card. Your going to love it. http://lisaspaperfun.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-tri-shutter-card.html.

Nancy

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

This card is beautiful. Your cards have so much depth to them. Really lovely.

Sherri said...

This is just awesome! The work that goes into these beautiful scenes really shows! I don't know how you come up with such beautiful scenes just using stamps. They look like you painted a mini scene from scratch!

Lisa said...

I love your card!! Thanks so much for the wonderful comment on my SS card. I am just a beginner using Stampscapes so I am going to follow you for some inspiration as your cards are amazing!!

Laney said...

WOW!! Fabulous card hun!!
Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this time would love to see you play with us again
hugs
laney

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is breathtaking! Love the craft and black embossing together and I do see the stickles you were talking about, looks fabulous! Hugs, Karen

Myrna said...

Sheree
This is gorgeous.
Myrna

Jacki Daniels said...

Another stunner from you Sheree love it but your tutorial isn't coming up that you have put up it's saying page not found just thought you shopuld know
Jackixx

Jennie said...

This is glorious I do love the silhouette effect! Very sophisticated.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dream Valley xx