Tuesday 22 January 2013

Twelve Tags Of 2013 - #1

Good Evening Girlz!

I went to the Tim Holtz blog at the beginning of January and have now put mine together from memory.  I have a feeling it isn't even close to Tim's but.. a valiant effort!  I will find out for sure when I check his after posting mine!


For my tag I had to improvise quite a bit.  The sentiment is one that I picked out for the recipient of the tag.  He is a friend of my son who has his degree and is now venturing into politics.  I hope he likes it!

The gears were painted with silver paint and then once dry, rubbed with a VersaMark pad and sprinkled with Stampendous Aged Taupe Embossing Enamel and sprinkled with Zing Black glossy embossing powder. 

The film strip that Tim used wasn't available here so I used a ticket die and acrylic from a Spellbinder package.  I rubbed THoltz silver paint dauber and rubbed it in with my finger... and removed some as well.  This gave it a cloudy effect.

Tim used a pointed finger stamp which I didn't have so I cut one out with my Cricut using the Going Places cartridge.

The tag itself was distressed and then I stamped the Hero Arts Watch Gears stamp using Vintage Photo.  I quickly poured clear embossing powder over it all which gave it a nice glossy finish.

The strip with the sentiment was first stamped with Hero Arts Map of Americas using Distress Frayed Burlap.  The edges were distressed and then I used Vintage Photo on the edges.

My ribbon was first stamped with Archival Black, dried and then rubbed in Distress Honey.  It didn't turn out as I had hoped but... you live and learn!

Here are some closer views so you can see what I have been talking about!





The recipe is...
Stamps - Hero Arts Clock Gears and Map Of Americas
Inks - Distress Iced Spruce, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs
          VersaMark
Embossing Powders - Ranger Super Fine Clear, Stampendous Aged Taupe Enamel, Zing
Dies - Tim Holtz Gears
Cricut - Going Places Cartridge
Paper - Recollections, Staples 110 lb.
Seam Binding

Thanks for looking!

Hugz,
Sheree

3 comments:

Gail said...

Hi! Don't tell h!m I said, but your tag might even be better!
Love it....but I heard the words 'had to dry' several times in my head while reading this, and you know how I am with that!!!

Victoria said...

LOVE this tag!! I really NEED that gear die now - thanks a lot!!

Vicky said...

Love your spin on this tag Sheree. The green look fantastic , love the little hand and your ribbon came out great too!