Saturday 23 July 2011

Tips For Letterpress Debossing Ink Plates

I have been playing with my new Letterpress Ink Plates and have tried a few different inks that each give different results.  I like the rainbow dye ink pad effect the best with this plate.
I'll add to this post as I play with the plates more and more.  As these Sizzix plates are new there aren't many examples out in webland.

These two examples shown above are the best inks that I've found as they give a crisper image and not blotchy images like the other inks.
This set that includes Stampin' Up! Classic Ink and Adirondack Dye Ink was highlighted more so that you could see the blotchy ink pattern achieved.  These may look fabulous with the right design.
Keep in touch for more hints as I figure them out!
Thanks for looking!
Hugs,
Sheree

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been eye balling the letter press plates.
I've also read where you can do this with other embossing folders & texture plates.
Maybe this week when the kids are gone, I'll try it!'Can't be any worse than me using repositional tape runner to keep my stuff straight on the texture plates!
Gail

Jane said...

The rainbow ink effect looks lovely - my favourite too.